Rules & FAQ
EVENT RULES & GUIDELINES APPLICABLE TO ALL PARTICIPANTS
The following event rules and guidelines are intended to help produce and direct a large scale event, to ensure the safety of all participants, to meet the requirements of local government permits and to be compliant with applicable Indonesia Athletics Federation (PASI) and International Association of Athletics Federation (IAAF) regulations for participant performance records and event liability.
Participants are advised to read the following event rules and guidelines carefully before registering for 2014 Jakarta Marathon.
- Inspiro supported by the Ministry of Tourism and Creative Economy, Jakarta City Government, Ministry of Sport and Youth, Indonesia Athletics Federation (PASI) and Amaury Sport Organisation (A.S.O) will organize the 2nd Edition of Jakarta Marathon on October 26th, 2014.
- The marathon measures 42.195 km, Half Marathon 21.0975 km, 10 km, and 1.3 km for Maratoonz (Children’s Sprint).
- The Marathon and Half Marathon races are respects the international regulations for road races (IAAF), as well as the national requirements outlined in the road race charter of Indonesia Athletics Federation (PASI).
- The race is open to all athletes (licensed or non-licensed) and non-athletes of Indonesian or foreign nationality ages 17 years and above for Marathon, 16 years and above for Half Marathon, and 13 years and above for 10 km. You are reminded that inspections will be carried out during the race to ensure that race regulations are respected. It is especially pointed out that runners compete in the race under their own responsibility. The Organizer has the right to verify age of participants before, during and after the race. Any exceptions to this must be authorized by the Organizer.
- Participants are advised to solicit medical advice from doctor if they are in doubt of their health condition prior to taking part in the race.
- Participants for Marathon and Half Marathon are subject to the possession of a medical certificate stipulating the absence of contraindications for participation in running competitions dating from less than one year. Medical certificate can be obtained through General Practitioners, Hospital and Health Centers, and must be submitted during Race Entry Pack Collection. Medical Certificate template can be downloaded here.
- Each entry is considered as non-transferable and final and implies full acceptance of the rules. No registration transfers will be allowed, whatever the reasons. Any person retroceding his race Number (BIB) to a third party will be held responsible in case of an accident arising or provoked by this third party during the competition. The organization is exempt from all responsibility in case of an accident in this type of situation.
- Entry fees are non-refundable. The Organizer reserves the right to refuse entries for once the entry is accepted if any applicants who provide false information. Do not make the required payment, or fail to meet entry requirements as stated in the entry form.
- Should the event be cancelled due to circumstance beyond the control of the Organizer (including the heavy rain, thunder storm or disaster, public rally), there shall be no refund of the entry fees paid and the Organizer shall not be liable for any other loss or inconvenience caused.
- Registrants must be capable of completing the full distance, start line to finish line, within event time requirement (7 hours for Full Marathon, 4 hours for Half Marathon, 2.5 hours for 10K, & 1.5 hours for 5K).
- Completion of the online registration form confirms the Participant’s agreement to abide by these Rules and Regulation.
- Registration for the race is only confirmed upon payment and issuance of a race identification number.
- Completed entry forms and payment must be received no later than 12 October 2014 – the final deadline Entry is on a first-come, first-served basis.
- The Organizer reserves the right to close entries before the deadline without any notice once the race quota is full.
- The Participant agrees to: provide true, accurate, current and complete information about the Participant contained in the registration form; maintain the security of the Participant’s password and identification; and maintain and promptly update the Registration Data to keep it true, accurate, current and complete. The Organizers may contact the Participant from time to time by email. Any notice sent to the email address registered with the Organizers shall be deemed as received by the Participant.
- The event time requirement and age minimum apply to all forms of entry and event participation.
- Participant race number (BIBs) is specific personal identifiers and may not be exchanged with or transferred/ sold to any other person.
- Sale and/or transfer of race number (BIBs) are strictly prohibited and will result in the disqualification and/or banning of any individuals involved from future events.
- The Jakarta Marathon maintains a no refund and no transfer.
- Race Packet must be collected on:
- Thursday, October 23rd, 2014 from 11 a.m. to 9 p.m.
- Friday, October 24th, 2014 from 11 a.m. to 9 p.m. and
- Saturday, October 25th, 2014 from 11 a.m to 6 p.m.
Located at Sports and Running Expo. Location for the Sports & Running Expo and Race Entry Pack Collection is at Jakarta Convention Centre (JCC) – Hall B. Race Number (BIBs) will be available upon presentation of confirmation and an identity card. Race Number (BIBs) must be fully legible during the whole race.
- Race Packet cannot be posted and cannot be collected on Sunday, October 26th, 2014.
- The official jury is composed of PASI and IAAF judge whose decision is final. They will be assisted by official race judges and race stewards appointed by PASI.
- Refreshment posts will be located every 2.5 km for water station and 5 km for fruit station and at the finish line.
- Timings will be shown at 5 checkpoints, as well as at the Start and Finish line. Runners will be permitted up to 7 hours for Full Marathon, 4 hours for Half Marathon, 2.5 hours for 10 km, and 1.5 hour for 5K for completion of the course. After the “end of race” vehicle has passed, runners should thereafter respect the Highway Code.
- Road safety is under control of the Police Department, Transportation Service of Jakarta City Government (Dinas Perhubungan Provinsi DKI Jakarta) and The Civil Service Police Unit (Satuan Polisi Pamong Praja – Satpol PP). Medical services are provided by the Health Department of Jakarta City Government (Dinas Kesehatan DKI Jakarta), Indonesia Red Cross and civil protection. The first post being situated 12,5 km after the start, and then every 5 km. They may stop any runner from continuing the race for medical reasons.
- Timing System will be provided for each category. Each runner will be given a chip/tag. Check points will be placed at the Start, certain point along the race course, and at the Finish, to control each runner’s time. Runners failing to follow the course will be disqualified. Please be informed the use of timing chip only for Full Marathon, Half Marathon and 10K category.
- Runners expressly and exclusively grant to Insipro and its assigns, the irrevocable right to use a runner’s name, likeness, biography, factually or otherwise in connection with the production, the distribution and exploitation of the pictures related to the Marathon, world-wide in any and all devices and media.
- Bicycles or motorize vehicles are strictly forbidden on the course.
- The registration at the Jakarta Marathon necessarily involves the participant to the subscription at the newsletter of this event until the date of the event.
- All runners acknowledge and accept all the clauses of the rules registered at the following address: Menara Jamsostek Menara Utara Lantai 16, Jalan Jenderal Gatot Subroto No. 38, Jakarta 12170 – Indonesia. Runners agree, on their honor, not to anticipate the start and to cover the full distance before crossing the finish line.
What is Jakarta Marathon?
Jakarta Marathon is an International standard full race Marathon that will be held for the second time in Jakarta, fully supported by the Ministry of Tourism and Creative Economy, Jakarta City Government and also Ministry Youth & Sport. The race Start and Finish point is at National Monument (MONAS) Silang Barat Daya area.
When will the 2014 Jakarta Marathon be held?
The 2014 Jakarta Marathon will be held on Sunday, October 26, 2014.
What are the available race categories?
- Marathon 42.195 km
- Half Marathon 21.0975 km
- 10 km
- 5 km
- Maratoonz (Children Sprint) at 1 km
What time does each race category start?
The flag-off times for the various race categories are:
Marathon & Half Marathon : 05:00 a.m.
10K : 05:15 a.m.
5K : 05.30 a.m.
Maratoonz : 08:00 a.m.
What are the age criteria for the respective race categories?
- Participants for the Marathon must be 17 years and above as of October 26, 2014.
- Both Masters Men’s Open (Marathon) and Masters Women’s Open (Marathon) must be 40 years and above as of October 26, 2014.
- Participants for the Half Marathon must be 16 years and above as of October 26, 2014.
- Participants for the 10 km must be 13 years and above as of October 26, 2014.
- Participants for the Maratoonz are between the ages of 5-10 years as of October 26, 2014.
It is recommended that runners arrive two hours prior to their start time to proceed through the security checkpoint, drop off bags and line up in the appropriate corral.
How do I register?
Register online through Jakarta Marathon website www.thejakartamarathon.com
How much does it cost to participate at the 2014 Mandiri Jakarta Marathon?
Registration admission fees are vary depending on time of registration and nationality. Please check the Admission page to find the information about admission fees.
When does the Registration open and close?
Registration opens March 1st, 2014, and will remain open up until 12 October 2014 or until the event reaches capacity. There will be NO registration on the race pack collection day or race day.
May I upgrade or downgrade my originally registered event?
Yes, if you would like to upgrade to the Marathon or Half Marathon or downgrade to the Half Marathon or 10K, please log in to your registration account. If you downgrade, you will not be refunded the difference in admission fees. And if you upgrade, you will be required to pay the upgrade difference.
You are able to upgrade or downgrade your registration until Saturday, August 30st, 2014 at 11:59 p.m. Any emails or calls regarding upgrades or downgrades received after the deadline will be disregard.
What is the registration cut off to have my name printed on my Race Number (BIB)?
You must be registered by 11:59 p.m. on Tuesday, July 31st, 2014 to have your name custom printed on your Race Number (BIB). This is for all participants in the Full Marathon, Half Marathon and 10K categories. If you choose to switch to another distance after the deadline, your name will not be custom printed on your Race Number (BIB).
What will I receive in my Race Packet and When the Race Entry Pack Collection will be held?
Participants from each category who already registered, will received a Race Packet contains of Race Number (BIB), Running Tees, Timing Chip and goodies from our sponsors, the participants can collect in exchange of confirmation email and an identity card upon presentation schedules as below:
- Thursday, October 23rd, 2014 from 11 a.m. to 9 p.m.
- Friday, October 24th, 2014 from 11 a.m. to 9 p.m. and
- Saturday, October 25th, 2014 from 11 a.m to 6 p.m.
Race Entry Pack Collection will be located at Sports and Running Expo. Location for the Sports & Running Expo and Race Entry Pack Collection will be informed later.
Can somene else pick up my Race Packet?
Yes. In order for someone to pick up your Race Packet, they must present the following:
- Your confirmation email
- A signed note from you stating you are allowing them to pick up your Race Packet and
- A copy of your ID card or Passport
May i pick up my Race Packet on Race Day?
No. There will be NO Race Packet pick up on the Race Day.
How should Runners line-up at the start line?
Runners should line-up in their appropriate corral based on their race categories, should be any changes on the line up at the start line we will inform you earlier.
If I miss the flag-off time of my race category, can I join another race category instead? (E.g. I signed up for the Half Marathon, but I was late, so can I take part in the 10km Race instead?)
No. There will be 3 different routes with 2 different flag-off times for the following categories – Marathon, Half Marathon, and 10 km race . Participants will be disqualified, and no timing will be provided if they do not run in the category that they have registered for. Participants who do not start within 15 minutes from their respective flag-off times will be disqualified.
What is the cut off time for each category?
- Marathon : 7 hours
- Half Marathon : 4 hours
- 10K : 2.5 hours
- 5 K : 1.5 hours
The gun for Marathon and Half Marathon will fire at 05:00 a.m. officially starting the 2nd Jakarta Marathon. The Jakarta Marathon course will remain open until 12 a.m., seven hours after gun time.
Any participants that do not make it to the finish line must board a sweep vehicle provided by the Organizer. The sweep vehicle will go around the course to check which will drop the participants off near the finish line.
Please note that participants who cross the Marathon Finish Line after 12 a.m. will not be recognized as Official Finishers and are not guaranteed a medal or a finishing time.
Can I transfer my registration to someone else? Or If I cannot make it for the race due to last minute commitments, can I get a friend to take my place?
No. Race registrations are strictly non-transferable in the interest of the runners’ well-being and safety the Organizer strictly prohibits and strongly discourages the sale, exchange and transfer of race entries.
If I register for the Marathon and I can only manage to run the Half Marathon on race day, can I still get the Finisher’s Medal?
No. Race category and distance are strictly non-transferable. Participants who do not complete their race will not be issued the Finisher’s Medal and Finisher’s T-shirt (where applicable).
Do all participants receive finisher medals?
All Official Finishers of Marathon, Half Marathon, and 10K of 2014 Mandiri Jakarta Marathon will receive Medals upon completion of the race. Please note that participants who cross the Marathon Finish Line after 12a.m. will not be recognized as Official Finishers and are not guaranteed a medal or a finishing time. And only Marathon finisher will get Finisher T-shirt.
How will my time be recorded?
Jakarta Marathon will be using timing system. Your timing chip will be attached to you during the whole race and you are not allowed to remove the chip from you. You must wear your chip to receive your official time.
If I bring bag to the race, where can I leave my bag? Would there be any bag deposit service?
Runners wearing a bib number will be allowed to check bags in and out. DO NOT BRING BAGGAGE TO THE START LINE. Backpacks are not recommended. Unattended bags and packages will be removed from the premises.
Are iPods or similar devices allowed?
Yes, but not advised to better ensure safety of runners.
What happens if the race is called off because of bad weather?
In view of the safety and well-being of the runners, the Organizer may decide to call off the race due to bad weather.
Runners who are on the routes will be diverted by route marshals to nearby shelter areas.
Will the runners be refunded their money if the race is called off due to bad weather, etc?
If the race has to be cancelled, there will be no refund of fees paid.
This is stated in the Rules & Guidelines. This is mainly because the Organizer will have to pay the vendors and the service providers for the works and the purchases which were made to prepare for the marathon.
However, the Organizer will review the situation and will announce more details at a later date.
Is there any volunteer opportunities if I don’t run?
Yes. We will inform you more details on the link to contribute as a volunteer soonest a later date. Do check our website and social media for more updates.
What is the difference between the Running Tee and Finisher’s T-shirt?
All registered 2014 Mandiri Jakarta Marathon runners will receive their Running Tees during the Race Entry Pack Collection, which will be held closer to race day. All runners who complete the race in their chosen category will also receive a Finisher’s Medal on race day.
Only Marathon participants who have successfully completed the race will receive a Finisher’s T-shirt.
What are the sizes for the Running Tees?
The size of Running Tees are S, M, L and XL both for Men and Women.
Is it important to submit Medical Certificate?
Medical Certificate is very important to state that the participant is in a good health and able to join the race. This certificate applies only for Marathon and Half Marathon category. The participant can be obtained through General Practitioners, Hospital and Health Centers, and must be submitted when the participants trade their Race Packet at Sport & Running Expo.
Is there a kids event?
The Maratoonz (Children’s Sprint) is a great opportunity for children ages 5-10 years to be part of Jakarta Marathon and also offers aspiring little runners the chance to experience the Marathon. The 1.3 km run is not timed and all participants will receive a shirt and goodie bag.
When will the Maratoonz (Children’s Sprint) will be held?
The Maratoonz will be held on Sunday, October 26, 2014 at Silang Monas Barat Daya area starting time at 8 a.m.
Note to parents and guardians of Maratoonz participants:
- For participants aged 5-7 years as of October 26, 2014, it is compulsory for a parent or guardian to accompany the children during the race for safety purposes.
- For participants aged 8-10 years as of October 26, 2014, parent/guardian will not accompany the children during the race but allowed at the Maratoonz area to support the children.
- Guardians for Maratoonz have to be at least 15 years old.